Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pledging is crazy... can't handle it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLwqhlU6_U

Pledging is crazy…can’t handle it

Like I said, everything over to me was something unknown, something that I have not witnessed before and I personally believe pledging was the best-unseen thing ever in my life. And here’s the catch, I had to leave for India for my brother’s marriage for a week right after bid- day, and this obviously meant none of the Kappa active members knew about this. So once pledging started for me, I have already practically missed a week’s of hard core pledging which left the actives annoyed.


Getting back on track was hard as I no clue or idea what was going on when I got back but things seemed to get clearer with time. The essence is brotherhood and respect. These two elements were the key features and formations of the kappa kappa delta. To show respect for your pledge brother and have brotherhood respect for them. Even the slightest mistake in the spectrum

Now to the real part, pledging is not at all about drinking and hazing, as most characterize it under, but something, which has a deeper meaning to it. We were constantly driven to be brotherly to your pledge brothers and had group building activities to make us stronger as a group. We had retreats and camping trips for us to realize the importance of joining a fraternity and being a part of it. Apart from this, we also engaged in community service, which not only got us together but also got something do good. In a nut shell, Pledging made me realize how important the deal was and it was indeed the biggest step of my college life.

No comments:

Post a Comment